College of Agricultural Education,
University of Education, Winneba,
P. O. Box 40,
Phone No: 024-4040932
University Institutions Attended
- University of Cape Coast, Ghana
- Zhejiang Agricultural University, China
- Ph.D., Soil(Land Use and Environmental Science)
- M.Sc., Agro-Environmental Protection/Chemistry
- BSc., General Agriculture
- Diploma, Education
- IAALD - International Association of Agricultural Information Specialists
- Ghana Soil Science Association
- Horticultural Association of Ghana
CURRENT POSITION Snr. Lecturer, College of Agriculture Education, University of Education, Winneba, Mampong/Ashanti, Ghana.
ARTICLES / JOURNALS
• K. Agyarko, E. Darteh, B. Berlinger (2011) Assessment of metal levels of some refuse dump soils in Ghana. ARCH. ENVIRON. SCI., 5, 101-105.
• E.K. Asiedu, K. Agyarko, M. M. Dawuda, E. K. Amponsah and A. F. Dodzidenu (2011) Soil physical properties and growth and yield of cabbage (Brassica oleraceae var capitata) as influenced by different land preparation methods. Gh. J. Agric. Sci. Tech., 2(1), 1-7.
• K. Agyarko, E.K. Asiedu, I.K. Atubiga and S. Anane (2011) Determination and Restoration of Soil Fertility by Local Farmers: The Case of Techiman Municipality of Ghana. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 7 (6), 667-671.
• K. A. Frimpong, D. O. Yawson, E. M. Baggs, Kofi Agyarko (2011) Does incorporation of cowpea-maize residue mixes influence nitrous oxide emission and mineral nitrogen release in a tropical luvisol? Nutr Cycl Agroecosyst, 91:281–292.
• K. Agyarko, E. Darteh, B. Berlinger (2010) Metal levels in some refuse dump soils and plants in Ghana. Plant Soil Environ., 56 (5), 244–251.
• E. Dartey, A. A. Adimado, K. Agyarko (2010) Evaluation of airborne lead levels in storage battery workshops and some welding environments in Kumasi metropolis in Ghana. Environ Monit Assess. 164, 1 – 8. DOI 10.1007/s10661-009-0869-x
• E. K. Asiedu, K. Agyarko, R. Kotei, E. K. Amponsah and B. Ampadu (2009) Seed characteristics, seed germination and seedling performance of hybrid cocoa as influenced by pod size. Ghana Journal of Science and Agricultural Education, 1, 88 – 95.
• G. Sam, K. Agyarko, E. B. Borketey-La and H. K. Dapaah (2009) Efficacy of neem leaf extract, dimethoate and chlorpyrifos on the growth, yield and insect pests of cowpea. Ghana Journal of Science and Agricultural Education, 1, 66 – 76.
• Agyarko, K., Akoto, E. O. and Awuah, A.(2007) Characterization of solid wastes generated by a community in Ghana – The case of Asante Mampong. Journal of Applied Science and Technology (JAST). 12 (1 & 2) 46 – 51.
• K. Agyarko, E. K. Asiedu and W. J. Adomako (2007) Effect of neem leaves and poultry manure soil amendments on growth and yield of tomato and okro. Ghana Journal of Horticulture, 6, 89 – 94.
• K. Agyarko and W. J. Adomako (2007) Survey of the use of organic manure among vegetable farmers in selected districts in Ghana. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa ,9 (4) 1 – 15.
• Agyarko, K., Kwakye, P. K., Bonsu, M., Osei, B. A.(2006) The influence of soil amended with neem leaves and poultry manure on nutrient dynamics. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, 52 (6) 687 – 695.
• Agyarko, K., Kwakye, P. K., Bonsu, M., Osei, B. A. and Frimpong, K. A. (2006) The effect of organic soil amendments on root-knot nematodes, soil nutrients and growth of carrot. Journal of Agronomy, 5 (4) 641 - 646.
• Agyarko, K., Djang-Fordjour, K. T. and Agbavitor, P. (2007) Maize storage in the Ejura Sekyere-Dumase District of Ashanti. Science & Technology for Wealth Creation and Sustainable Development in Ghana: Proceedings of Sunyani Polytechnic Lecture Series II, September 24 – 26, 2006.
• Agyarko, K., Kwakye, P. K., Bonsu, M., Osei, B. A., Asare Donkor, N. and Amanor, E. (2006) Breakdown of Azadirachtin A in a tropical soil amended with neem leaves. Pedosphere, 16 (2) 230-236.
• Agyarko, K. and John Sackey Asante (2005) Nematode Dynamics in a Soil amended with Neem leaves and Poultry Manure. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences, 4 (4) 426 – 428.
• Agyarko, K., P.K. Kwakye, M. Bonsu, B.A. Osei and J.S. Asante (2005) Effect of Neem and Organic Amendments on Nematode Populations in a Coastal Savanna Tropical Soil. Phytoparasitica, 33 (4) 343-346.
• Agyarko, K., Borketey-La, E. B. and Abaidoo, I. A. (1999) Pesticide Usage Among Farmers: A Case Study of Shama-Ahanta East District of Ghana. Ghana Educational Media and Technology Association Journal, 3, 63 – 70.
• Agyarko, K. and Wang, K. ( 1998) Schoenemann Reaction and the Degradation of Three Organophosphorus Pesticides in Water. Journal of Zhejiang Agricultural University, 24 (3), 333 – 338.
• Wang, K., Meng, F., Agyarko, K. and Yu, J. (1995) The Progress of Nonpoint Sources Pollution Monitoring – An Elemental Tracer System for Determining Nonpoint Source Contamination in Fresh Water. Agro – Environment and Development, 12 (2) 18 – 21.
• Agyarko, K., Annor, S. Y. and Seidu, J. M. (2005) SOLAR ENERGY IN AFRICA – Barriers to overcome to make Africa ripe for solar energy business. 2005 Forum of Rural Energy Promotion in Developing Countries, September 16 – 17, 2005, Beijing, China. Pp. 87 – 93.
• Seidu, J. M., Agyarko, K. and Annor, S. Y. (2005) Vegetable drying using locally constructed solar panels. 2005 Forum of Rural Energy Promotion in Developing Countries, September 16 – 17, 2005, Beijing, China. Pp. 118 - 124.
SPEECHES / PRESENTATIONS
Soil Fertility, Pesticide use and Environment