Failed to load RSS feed from http://feeds.feedburner.com/BenjaminLStewartPhd|date|short|max=10: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 400 invalid feed request
WE Workshops (eL4C)
- EL4C51 - WikiEducator Learning4Content Workshop
"Becoming an Agent of Change through Openness", Co-facilitator, September 21 - October 5, 2011
- eL4C 45 WE workshop, Facilitator, September 22 - October 5, 2010
- Ten-day workshop (five days face-to-face, five days distance) at the Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes located in Mexico (Click here to see photos), Benjamin Stewart facilitator. August 9-18, 2010
- eL4C41, Group Coordinator, July 21 - August 4, 2010
- eL4C 22 WE workshop, April 27 - May 1, 2009
- eL4C 21 WE workshop, March 23 - April 3, 2009
Please sign the guest book by clicking on the "edit" button in the upper, right-hand corner of this pod!--Benjamin Stewart
Talks, Workshops, & Open Courses
- Dictogloss Method: An integrated model for language teaching associated with corrective feedback, ANUPI, Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, June 13-16, 2011
- Self and Peer Corrective Feedback in Cooperative Learning Environments, MEXTESOL, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, June 10-11, 2011
- Cultivating Personal Learning Networks through Participatory Action Research in ELT, UPTC, Aguascalientes, Mexico, May 20-21, 2011
- Noticing and Corrective Feedback in Cooperative Learning Environments, UPTC, Aguascalientes, Mexico, May 20-21, 2011
- Radio broadcast discussing the benefits of WE for both teachers and students, El Gis, Programa de Radio, May 5, 2011, 2:00 PM (Mexico City)
- Face-to-face, two-hour Wikieducator workshop, Iberoamericano León, Mexico, November 22, 2010
- I Develop as my Network Develops", MEXTESOL’s 37th International Convention, November 4-7, 2010
- Opening Up Leadership, Learning, and How We Communicate (plenary), MEXTESOL's Regional Conference, Aguascalientes Chapter, September 24-25, 2010
- Let's Get Technical about Public Speaking, 10th Annual Academic Week, UAA, May 28, 2010
- I Develop as my Network Develops, *Universidad Panamericana Teachers' Conference (UPTC) 2010, May 21-22, 2010
- Distance English Language Training Workshop, January 25 - May 31, 2010
- Open Writing Seminar, open writing course designed for English language learners, January 25 - May 31, 2010
- Open, Moodle course for Teachers, Session #3, Co-facilitator, January 4 - January 31, 2010
- English language teacher interview, WiZiQ class (interview regarding performance task), December 11, 2009
- Blended learning in English language training, WiZiQ class, December 5, 2009
- Language Exchanges, WiZiQ class, October 27, 2009
- Designing performance tasks as a curricular aim, 7th Annual ANUPI Conference, October 1-4, 2009
- Macmillan Teacher's Course for UVM, July 6 - July 24, 2009
- EL4C23 WE workshop, Junior Facilitator, May 25 - June 5, 2009
- TEACH workshop on Wikieducator (blended course), Facilitator, May 18-27, 2009
- Creating PLNs through the use of social software, UPTC, May 23, 2009
- Designing Performance Tasks as an Alternative Form of Assessment, MEXTESOL, October 16, 2008
- American Culture: Adapting to a New Way of Life, 7th Annual Academic Week, UAA, May 26, 2006
ELT Rants, Reviews, & Reflections
- A not necessarily critical experience from 2006
- I knew it was off. Something was strange. I could feel it. I could see it. I could almost smell it. I couldn’t, however, explain the problems clearly. I didn’t always have the words to express...
- — mikecorea 2016-08-29 00:09:41
- Please teach them English-The full full story
- In July the crack research team here at ELT Rants, Reviews and Reflections reproduced some emails from a language school manager to a new teacher and a few weeks ago (with the help of Steve Brown)...
- — mikecorea 2016-08-24 17:01:05
- A blast from the past: Notes from a talk I gave to students in 2008
- A while back I got an email from the good people at pbworks informing me one of my wikis was scheduled for “reclamation” since it hadn’t t been used in 11 months. W...
- — mikecorea 2016-08-10 14:00:48
- Please teach them English–the full story
- A few weeks ago, the crack research team here at ELT RRR reproduced some emails from a language school manager to a new teacher. Since then, we have also managed to trace the replies made by the te...
- — mikecorea 2016-08-05 04:11:55
- Sudden and scattered thoughts on one of my mentors
- I have written before about some of my mentors. I have written about PLNs, or at least mine, a few times (like here and here and here). I have written about my teaching context from January 2007 t...
- — mikecorea 2016-08-04 14:38:27
The Everyday Language Learner
- Maintaining the Language from Afar
- Television and language learning, language learning, immersion, language learning activity
- — aarongmyers 2015-01-09 19:46:29
- Dive Into The Deep End
- I recently received an email from a friend who was describing his feelings for his language learning journey in terms of a language swimming pool. When you take that initial step into the pool you...
- — aarongmyers 2014-09-23 17:40:56
- Foreign to Familiar – Learning About Culture So You Can Learn The Language
- I just finished a great book that anyone planning on moving cross culturally should pick up and read. The book, Foreign to Familiar, is short (127 pages), incredibly helpful, and fun to read. The b...
- — aarongmyers 2014-06-19 14:00:03
- How Much Vocabulary Is Enough?
- Today’s guest post comes from Jeffery Nelson, the creator of a great new blog called Living Bilingual. After you enjoy the article stop by and visit. ———-...
- — aarongmyers 2013-08-13 03:27:27
- The Number One Rule For Learning A Foreign Language
- Today I am excited to share another great guest post from a regular EDLL reader, Arabic expert and language lover Saqib Hussain. You can find out more about Saqib and about Arabic at Arabic St...
- — aarongmyers 2013-07-25 20:06:08
Steve HargadonFailed to load RSS feed from http://www.blogger.com/feeds/18676377/posts/default: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
What is free content?
Rubrics for Online Instruction
- Custom Logo Cases – EdTech Startup Profile
- <img width="672" height="372" src="http://www.edukwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Custom-Logo-Cases-EdTech-Startup-Profile-EDUKWEST-672x372.jpg" class="...
- — Kirsten Winkler 2016-08-19 15:31:35
- The Impact of the Internet of Things in Education
- <img width="672" height="372" src="http://www.edukwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Internet-of-Things-in-Education-EDUKWEST-672x372.jpg" class="attachme...
- — Kirsten Winkler 2016-07-24 19:21:13
- SkillSoniq – EdTech Startup Profile
- <img width="672" height="372" src="http://www.edukwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SkillSoniq-EdTech-Startup-Profile-EDUKWEST-launch-672x372.jpg" class="...
- — Kirsten Winkler 2016-07-21 17:52:26
- With Tinycards Duolingo takes a first step beyond Language Learning
- <img width="672" height="372" src="http://www.edukwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Tinycards-Duolingo-HEDLINE-EDUKWEST-672x372.jpg" class="attachment-po...
- — Kirsten Winkler 2016-07-20 15:37:50
- EdTech Market Brief China Q2 2016
- <img width="672" height="372" src="http://www.edukwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/EdTech-Market-Brief-China-Q2-2016-EDUKWEST-672x372.jpg" class="attach...
- — Kirsten Winkler 2016-07-14 18:03:42
(Preview the ).
EFL Classroom 2.0: Teacher Talk Yahoo! Pipes is no longer available
EFL Classroom 2.0: Blog Posts Yahoo! Pipes is no longer available
Wiki Syntax Support
Gladys's Testing Laboratory|Font, colors, etc.
Software Freedom Day
On September 17, 2009, Software Freedom Day
, the Open Education Resources Foundation
will have an official launch. As part of this launch it will sign the Cape Town Open Education Declaration. It would also like to get as many Wikieducator members as possible to sign up on the same day.
You can read the Cape Town Open Education Declaration here. A fact sheet is available here.