Use computer technology to research and present a topic
People credited with this unit standard are able to: plan research, conduct research and present the results of research of a topic using computer technology.
This unit is used in the following courses
Plan research of a topic using computer technology
- The plan identifies the topic, objectives, and scope of the research.
- The plan identifies the time to be taken for the research, the research methods to be used, and the sources of information to be used.
- The plan identifies ethical issues in the research process.
Range: methodology, analysis and presentation, confidentiality.
- The plan identifies the target audience, presentation methods, and the computer applications to be used for the analysis of data and the presentation of the results of the research.
Conduct research of a topic using computer technology
- Data are accumulated according to the plan.
- The conclusions reached are consistent with the analysis of the data.
- Milestones are recorded, and progress is reported in accordance with the plan.
- A computer application is used to analyse the research data.
Present the results of research of a topic using computer technology
- The presentation is made using the computer application identified in the plan.
- The presentation communicates summarised research data and conclusions to the target audience.