Java is a programming language, released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. It is the underlying technology that powers development of many programs including utilities, games, and business applications. Java runs on millions of personal computers and devices worldwide, including mobile and TV devices.
126.96.36.199 Java features
1. Platform independent: Platform independent is one of the important key features of java language makes java as the most powerful language. The programs written on one platform can run on any platform provided the platform must have the JVM.
2. Simple: Programs are easy to write and debug because java does not use the pointers explicitly. Java has the strong memory management for automatic memory allocation and deallocation.
3. Interpreted language: Java is an interpreted language as well. In interpreted language, programs run directly from the source code. The advantage of Java as an interpreted language is its error debugging quality. You can easily trace any error occurring in the program.
4. Object oriented: Java is a fully Object Oriented language because object is at the outer most level of data structure in java. No stand alone methods, constants, and variables are there in java. Everything in java is object even the primitive data types can also be converted into object by using the wrapper class.
5. Distributed:The widely used protocols like HTTP and FTP are developed in java. Internet programmers can call functions on these protocols and can get access the files from any remote machine on the internet rather than writing codes on their local system.
6. Portable: JVM makes the java language portable i.e. device independent. Java also has the standard data size irrespective of operating system or the processor.
7. Secure: Java does not use memory pointers explicitly. All the programs in java are run under an area known as the sand box. Security manager determines the accessibility options of a class like reading and writing a file to the local disk. Java uses the public key encryption system to allow the java applications to transmit over the internet in the secure encrypted form. The bytecode Verifier checks the classes after loading.