DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC AND PERFORMING ARTS EDUCATION 2007/08
- Analysis & Interpretation - Meaning and Implications.
- The process of analysis - principles and methods.
- Interpretation: Principles, purpose, effect.
- The elements of 'Theme'. Defination, Significance; types, discerning themes; major, Minor, implied themes; Textual references for discussion.
- Setting: Definition; significance to the dramatic action; Characterization, theme, etc.
- Plot: Definition; implication and significance; types of plot. Examination of play-texts for plot and structure.
- Other elements of Analysis: Characterization, Form (Dramatic), Dramatic devices: conflict, ironies, suspense, fore-shadow, symbolism, tragic and comic effects, etc.
Style: Use of language; literary and poetic devices, etc.
- Edufa - Efua Sutherland
- The Marriage of Anansewa - Efua Sutherland
- The Gods are not to blame - Ola Rotimi
- Dilemma of a Ghost - Ama Ata Aidoo
- Waiting for Lefty
- A Doctor In spite of Himself - Moldier
- Song of a Goat - J. Pepper Clarke
TAR 243 PRODUCTION PARTICIPATION (B.Ed II - MUSIC) Varied assignments and roles in productions directed by either a member of Faculty or colleague student, to enable student to develop discipline and sound working attitude to practical Theatre.