Tourist Destinations/Resources/Lesson Plans/Lesson Plan 5a
Diploma in Applied Travel and Tourism
Course Name: Tourist Destination
Course Code: Cultural Tourism
Lecture Delivery Plan:
1. Presentations - anyone
Discussion around Olveston visit
- what were your expectations
- were you disappointed?
- what added value
- what were some of the diversifications being marketed - can you think of anymore?
- Talk about products and how a destination is just a series of products whether natural or man-made
- Multiplier effect
Tourist destinations built around a certain type of tourism
1. Cruising - destination in itself - from a NZ perspective
2. Pink tourism market - NZ as a destination
3. Wine Tourism - California, France, Australia,
4. Music - Nashville
Look at readings on course drive: Nashville, New York Punk, Abba, - split into groups get them to summarise readings and report back. Now find three music events which could a help a place, city, town, area become a tourist destination.