Thread:«no subject» (1005)
I don't see a Template:AIMS so I'm not sure I understand your question.
There are two basic ways of modifying a template:
- Copy a snapshot of an existing template, creating a new one modified for your use
- Edit the original to get the source
- use your browser's Copy function to make a copy of the wikitext source
- Cancel the editing of the original (not making any changes to the original, merely using the Edit function to get the wikitext)
- Create a newly named template
- use the browser's Paste function to populate it with that starting point
- modify to suit
- Parameterize an existing template You can use the What links here item in the navigation sidebar to find how the existing template is being used. If you think (a) others may benefit from changing the first word and (b) you want to be able to track along with any changes made to the original template... then it might make sense to modify the original, turning the word you want to change into a parameter with a default value of the original word. That way current users of the original template would be able to continue to use it unchanged, but you would be able to specify a different "first word."
If you tell me the template you wish to start from and exactly how you want to change it, I can offer more specific suggestions.
Thanks for all the valuable quick response. Template:Aims I have put up it on the very first page of MU OER PORTAL.
REGARDS DR SUJATA