The Anatomy and Physiology of Animals/Test Yourselves/The Gut and Digestion Test Yourself
1. Name the four different kinds of teeth
2. Give 2 facts about how the teeth of cats and dogs are adapted for a carnivorous diet:
3. What does saliva do to the food?
4. What is peristalsis?
5. What happens to the food in the stomach?
6. What is chyme?
7. Where does the chyme go after leaving the stomach?
8. What are villi and what do they do?
9. What happens in the small intestine?
10. Where is the pancreas and what does it do?
11. How does the caecum of rabbits differ from that of cats?
12. How does the liver help control the glucose levels in the blood?
13. Give 2 other functions of the liver: