The Anatomy and Physiology of Animals/Test Yourselves/The Endocrine System Test Yourself
1. What is Homeostasis?
2. Give 2 examples of homeostasis
3. List 3 ways in which animals keep their body temperature constant when the weather is hot
4. How does the kidney compensate when an animal is deprived of water to drink
5. After moderate blood loss, several mechanisms come into play to increase blood pressure and make up blood volume. 3 of these mechanisms are:
6. Describe how panting helps to reduce the acidity of the blood