The Anatomy and Physiology of Animals/Test Yourselves/Muscles Test Yourself
1. What kind of muscle tissue:
- a) moves bones:
- b) makes the heart pump blood:
- c) pushes food along the intestine:
- d) makes your mouth form a smile:
- e) makes the hair stand up when cold:
- f) makes the diaphragm contract for breathing in:
2. What structure connects a muscle to a bone?
3. What is the insertion of a muscle?
4. Which muscle is antagonistic to the biceps?
5. When you flex your knee what movement are you making?
6. When you extend your ankle joint what happens?