Text and Images/Working with images/Adjusting images
|Text and Images|
|Working with images||Introduction | Inserting images | Adjusting images | WordArt | Objects | Key points | Assessment|
When an image is inserted the ribbon will change and a new tab called Picture Tools will appear.
Using this tab you are able to format the image.
Changing the image's layout
When you insert an image it may not appear where you would like it to. You are able to adjust the Text Wrapping of the image so that it will appear aligned with text or as an object on its own.
Outlined below are the Text Wrapping options:
To change the text wrapping:
- Click on the image to select it
- From the Picture Tools Tab select Text Wrapping
- Click on the text wrapping format you would like to use
- Click anywhere on the picture to select it and bring up the black frame around it
- Then place your mouse on top of the black squares on a corner of the border
- A double -headed arrow will appear: you can then drag in or out to resize the picture
- Click anywhere on the image to select it
- Choose the Crop option from the Picture Tools Tab
- Your image will have cropping handles:
- Place your mouse cursor over the cropping handles. Click and drag the sides, top or bottom of your image
If you would like to delete the picture from your document click on the picture to select it and then press the Delete key.