By changing the way text looks, you can draw attention to key words and ideas.
Please note: the following tutorial will open in a new window/tab. When you have finished the tutorial, simply close the window/tab and you'll return to this page.
To complete this section, please work through the following tutorial:
The tutorial includes a very useful 4-minute video clip of the mailmerge process.
Now it's time to apply what you have learnt from the Formatting Text tutorial: we'll use a new file using text we have copied and pasted from a web page
You're going to open a web page in a new window, copy all the text, then close that window to come back to this page.
- Open the page called ClubMed. Follow the instructions there.
- Create a new Word document and paste in the text you copied from the ClubMed page. Save the document as Club Med Villages.
- Select the large paragraph of text and change it to a different font style.
- Change the large paragraph to a different font size – 36pt
- Deselect the text.
- Select the heading OUR CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM OF CLUB MED VILLAGES by dragging across the text
- This time go to Home Tab ⇒ Font Group to change to a different font style.
Note that as you move over the different font styles, watch your document! The selected text will show the font style you are moving over – great!!
- Change the font size using the Home Tab ⇒ Font Group
- Preview your document
- Close preview (Change other styles and sizes if you want to)
- Save your document
- Close your document/window (check your status bar – do you have any other Word documents open?)
Use Ctrl + F4 if you only have one document open.