- Coffman, M. J., Shellman, J., & Bernal, H. (2004). An integrative review of american nurses percieved cultural self-efficacy. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 36(2), 180-185. Retrieved from Retrieved November 14,2009 from CINAHL Plus with Full Text database.
- Collins, A. S., Gullette, D., & Schnepf, M. (2004). Break through. Nursing Management, 35(8), 34-38. Retrieved November 14, 2009 from
- Dubard, C., & Gizlice, Z. (2008). Languages spoken and differences in health status, access to care, and reciept of preventive services among US Hispanics. American Journal of Public Health, 98(11), 2021-2028. Retrieved from Retrieved November 1, 2009 from CINAHL Plus with Full Text database.
- Gordon, S. M. (1994). Hispanic cultural health beliefs and folk remedies. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 12(3), 307-322. Retrieved from http://jhn.sagepub.com/cgl/content/abstract/12/3/307
- Jacobs, E. A., Shepard, D. S., Suaya, J. A., & Stone, E. (2004). Overcoming language barriers in health care:costs and benefits of interpreter services. American Journal of Public Health, 94(5), 866-869. Retrieved from Retrieved November 25, 2009 from CINAHL Plus with Full Text database
- Mayo, R. M., Sherrill, W. W., Sundareswaran, P., & Crew, L. (2007). Attitudes and perceptions of hispanic patients and health care providers in treatment of hispanic patients:a review of the literature. Hispanic Health Care International, 5(2), 64-72. Retrieved September 20, 2009 from CINAHL Plus with Full Text database.
- McFarland, M. (2006). Madeleine Leininger:Culture care theory of diversity and universality. In A. M. Tomey & M. R. Alligood (Eds.), Nursing theorists and their work (pp. 472-496). St.Louis, Missouri: Mosby Elsevier.
- Morales, L. S., Lara, M., Kingston, R. S., Valdez, R. O., & Escarce, J. J. (2002). Socioeconomic,cultural and behavioral factors affecting Hispanic health outcomes. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 13(4), 477-503. Retrieved from Retrieved November 21,2009 from Research Library. (Document ID:1429518511).
- Nailon, R. E. (2007). The assessment and documentation of language and communication needs in healthcare systems:current practices and future directions for coordinating safe,patient-centered care. Nursing Outlook, 55(6), 311-317. Retrieved from Retrieved November 24,2009 from CINAHL Plus with Full Text database.
- Zun, L. S., Sadoun, T., & Downey, L. (2006). English-language competancy of self-declared english speaking hispanic patients using written tests of health literacy. Journal of the National Medical Association, 98, ( 6), 912-917.