- Nicholas Kimolo, who was a facilitator, at the just concluded RUFORUM Web 2.0 Content Development Workshop held in Kampala, Uganda from the 8th - 12th September, 2008.See the workshop wiki page here for more details.This workshop was sponsored by the Commonwealth of Learning,The Technical Center for Agriculture and Rural Cooperation(CTA).
- Learning4Content Initiative is proud to report the successful completion of the Learning4Content training workshops held at the Kenyatta University and the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technologyin Kenya. See here for the workshop reports.
- FOSSFA)in Dakar, Senegal- March 16-20, 2008. Click here to see the FLOSS4Edu IDLELO3 proceedings and report.
- FLOSS4Edu in partnership with the University of Education and the Partnership for Higher Education in Africa has embarked on a project to develop open educational resources for the University of Education hosted within WikiEducator. The project requires the development of 1,000 lessons which will be available to the WikiEducator community. See here for more detail.
- FLOSS4Edu French chapter launched during the third capacity building workshop for the Western Africa and Francophonie meeting held at the Winneba Open Digital Village (WoDiv) with the support of COL and UNESCO. Read more about this launch here
- FLOSS4Edu was represented in the recently concluded DETA conference in Kampala Uganda. FLOSS4Edu was represented by Nicholas Kimolo. See here for his presentation.
- The Draft FLOSS4Edu Regional Workshop report is out: The Commonwealth of Learning (COL) organised a five (5) days regional workshop on the use of Basic Wiki Editing Skills for Teachers and Educators as part of the FLOSS4Edu project, held at the University of Education- Winneba- Ghana. The report on the workshop is out.Click here.