Talk:Learning and Teaching in Practice/Culture
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|For discussion||0||20:28, 4 November 2013|
|Suggestions||0||22:18, 26 May 2013|
|Editing code||1||04:14, 22 April 2013|
I have just realised that these are learning objectives, not learning outcomes attached to the actual module in the course outline.
Develop critical thinking skills and knowledge of education issues for a range of learners including ethnicities, socioeconomic status, age and gender Be familiar with methods and strategies to encourage and support Maori and Pacific Island learners to succeed
- 27 May: I was looking at the material in Practice Context, and I think we need to link back to that to remind students who have done Practice Context, e.g., MSF etc. - also some students wont have done Practice Context so will need to look at the material.--Bronwyn Hegarty 22:18, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
- I really like your description about cultural competency. A few suggestions for changes to the resources.
- Is there a blog about NZ culture in tertiary ed rather than Randy Miller - American culture does not seem appropriate?
- NZ relevant research re culture - I am thinking that it would be good to provide access to a more contemporary and up to date resource. See what you think about this study done in 2010: Huakina mai: Doorways toward culturally responsive education - it is culturally appropriate and Ako Aotearoa supported <smile>.
- If you want something specifically about international students, we could look for something.
- What do you think of having the objectives first?
Hi, Is someone able to fix the link in the activity box. It is a PDF and I think it should be uploaded. It looks awful at the moment.