Talk:Learning4Content/Workshops/Online schedule/eL4C28/Workshop schedule
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Wikis and FERPA||0||20:52, 6 August 2009|
|Testing thread for our discussion tool||2||12:25, 6 August 2009|
|Using Wikis with younger students||1||23:08, 5 August 2009|
Every page in the wiki has a corresponding talk or discussion page. This is very useful for discussing the collaborative development of teaching resources in WikiEducator.
We've set up this thread so that you can test the feature and see how this works in the wiki environment. Click on the reply button below the forum post to respond to this invitation.
You also have the ability to leave a personal message on the talk page of the individual contributor by clicking on the "Talk" link displayed to the right of the contributor's user name.
Just thought I'd test out my new Wiki skills.
Me too doing some testing.
I had a wonderful time at Heywire8 in Wellington. I missed the morning because I was running a session (3hr) with first time mothers and their babies, who are all 7-9 months old. We introduced block play and puzzles. That makes 4 areas of play we have discussed with the mothers. It is a pleasure to watch parents allow their children the freedom to eat playdough, to eat eat sand and to crawl into and over each other babies. And what are the adults doing? Learning to trust their children.
--Victoria Spagnolo 12:25, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
I'm a teacher of 12 year old students in a First & Middle School near Worcester in the UK.
I have been assigned the task, along with a colleague, of introducing our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) or Learning Platform to our students during the next academic year which starts in a few weeks time. Our VLE has the facility to host forums, blogs and Wikis within a secure password protected environment. This should link to our VLE if you would like to see the public side: St Barnabas VLE
- How might I introduce blogs and wikis to my students?
- Has anyone got any ideas/suggestions/activities that I might use?
I've tried to incorporate some activities into an English unit of work based around a novel: The Bailey Game by Celia Rees. I could share my planning document if that would be helpful.
Over to you guys...
Glad to know that you are a teacher of 12 year-old students in the First & Middle School near Worcester in the U.K. Interestingly, I am also in the city of Worcester in Massachusetts here in the U.S. www.ci.worcester.ma.us, which I believe has some historical connections with the city of Worcester in the U.K.
- I was also involved with a middle school for a couple years and created a blog at http://www.webstermass.blogspot.com to connect the school, Webster Middle School with the town community, thus making it easier for parents and guardians to find what their students are doing in school.
- I moved out to do more computer-related training for students and their parents in a community.
- I did a six-week consulting for pastors at the Pentecost Leadership Training & Retreat Center at http://www.pentecostleadership.blogspot.com.
- Right now I am involved with teaching of an African language as a second language for native English speakers at Harvard University http://www.aaas.fas.harvard.edu/african_language_program/index.html.
My goal is to graduate into using wikis in addition to blogs for educational purposes generally and the learning of African language in particular.