Talk:EDSLIONS/weekly discussions/May 22, 2011
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Conclusion and AOB||2||17:07, 22 May 2011|
|Suggested Teams||13||17:03, 22 May 2011|
|Suggested Milestones||14||16:42, 22 May 2011|
|WELCOME!||7||16:26, 22 May 2011|
Lion’s from my end there’s nothing further to discuss at this point. If anyone has concerns or ideas, this is the time to raise them. Just a reminder of the following:
- Luisa sent us a document detailing the project. Kindly make read it through before beginning any work on the assignment.
- Please do not forward any documents to Victor (Assignment secretary) before agreeing with your team mate. We want joint contributions.
- Please ensure the skeleton you come up with is of good quality as we’re going to forward it to the Academic Mentor.
- Kindly make use of diagrams and various text references when making your contribution.
- Finally if you’re in trouble at work or running behind schedule….Let us know! This is an exciting assignment….let’s give it our best and have fun on it!
All the best. --Shumimlingo 17:00, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Lions these are the suggested teams. Are they well balanced? Are the strengths and weaknesses well aligned to the task?
There are 4 phases in the field project: Phase 1 - Assess Potential Impacts on the project,Phase 2 - assess the strategic positioning of the project, Phase 3 - assess the project environment in the organization, Phase 4 - Recommendations to the board.
- Team 1 & Phase 1: Shungu & Hove
- Team 2 & Phase 2: JC & Victor
- Team 3 & Phase 3: Luisa & Calvin
- Team 4 and Phase 4: Shumi & Luisa (Company Profile, Interview, Recommendations)
We will need to formulate questions, if any for our assigned mentor for clarification etc. We have covered the Coke stuff in the timelines but I'm not so sure about the academic. Shall we plan this for after the 29th?
That's a good question....Perhaps we can formalise the skeleton plan we come up with by the 29th and then get his opinion. Sadly we still haven't been allocated a supervisor.... --Shumimlingo 16:48, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Sounds ok. Who will summarize the contributions and send. Our secretary with his mysterious connections at the University? He said he was talking to Talana about this right?
I believe we can have the questions via email and then the secretary can put these all together to be signed up at the wiki discussion, what do you think?
Do we do brainstorming of the questions and communicate thru email or what?
We need your skeleton plan in writing so we can forward it to the academic mentor. It will represent our plan of action. --Shumimlingo 16:57, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Lions I am ok with the teams, currently I am having more time to dedicate to the project than in quarter 1 with all the travelling. In summary I am ok with these dates, thanks--Luisaserra 16:46, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Teams are fine as far as I can see for now. We'll get clarity once we get into the actual academic work required.
Lions this is the suggested modus operandi we sent earlier for the assignment. I've put tentative dates as well. Please advise if we're ok with the strategy as well as the dates.
- Skeleton of the write up from each team i.e. in bullet form or in short prose ….what info does the team need from Coke to fulfill their section. – 29 May 2011
- Luisa & Shumi to assess info requirements and to try to fill in the gaps – 5 June 2011
- Interview/Tour of plant with Coke (Hopefully by 12 June 2011)
- Draft 1 By 19 June 2011
- Quality Check (26 June 2011)
- Final Draft (3 July 2011)
--Shumimlingo 16:12, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Ok Hove. Are we ok with the dates? I have provided deadlines every week? Can we meet these dealines? --Shumimlingo 16:18, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
I think the dates are fine. We do not want history to repeat itself again where wedo things at the last minute again.
If we set the deadlines too tight the quality is affected too. Remember this is a 50 page write up
The deadline on the 29th is largely a brainstorming one. Calvin, you have already done a great job in the summary you made. You have already begun asking the right questions. What we are asking the various teams to do is the come up with a skeleton of what is required. Its really asking everyone to think their section through and identify the key area of what is required. Once we have this it can act as our guide. Will this take more than a week? If we move to 5 June it means every other deadline moves by a week. Is this the consensus?
--Shumimlingo 16:31, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Lets move on Shumi.I think its well with the rest of the guys. What do you think?
I'm ok with it Hove. I factored in that that the project is due a couple of days away from the 2nd elective assignment. I'm sure finance is due around the same time. If we get this out of the way earlier it will really help relieve the pressure at the end.
--Shumimlingo 16:25, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Lions I am ok with Dates. The MD has approved to support the project and you will be contacting Henry To-Opoya. All is arranged I will only need the timing and then we can move let's have at least 2 dates that can suit you Shumi and tehn we are on.--Luisaserra 16:28, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
guys I've moved the discussion up. --Shumimlingo 16:13, 22 May 2011 (UTC)