Talk:EDSLIONS/weekly discussions/March 27, 2011
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|ANY OTHER BUSINESS & MEETING ADJOURNED||2||17:12, 27 March 2011|
|PROJECT FIRECRACKER- PART 2||5||17:06, 27 March 2011|
|PROJECT FIRECRACKER- PART 3||5||17:04, 27 March 2011|
|PROJECT FIRECRACKER- PART 1||11||16:52, 27 March 2011|
|WELCOME ALL||14||16:47, 27 March 2011|
I think we will wait for the individual groups to submit such that we have something to start from. Are there any other issues that need the group's attention. I have the following:
1. Study School - what are the group's plans and are all group members attending?
2. JC has taken the position of assignment 1 secretary. Does he still remain in the sub group that we assigned him or else he joins our group?
- I'll send through proposals for our discussions at study school. I'll be there.
- I think JC should stay in his original sub group. We need him in the meat of the assignment. Those are my thoughts.
--Shumimlingo 17:07, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Your contributions are required here also.
a) EPM Fundamentals:
i) Use them to position NC in good EPM good practices
ii) Recommend how NC can address its challenges (Use theory to address them)
iii) Justify why you think NC should use those recommendations
(Use EPM –theory to address issues that have been raised in the case)
I didn't thoroughly analyse this portion, but I picked up the following challenges. I believe there are many more
- Project fire cracker has a dual leadership – not good for projects
- Timelines for the various tasks are not clear. Just wanted “Yesterday”
- No official project team.
- support from the executive level is not quite strong.
- communication channels to be used by the "project" team are not clear
--Shumimlingo 16:56, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Agreed Shumi. IUnfact Project Management as a tools is non existant at NC, and from the CEO downwards, there is no appreciation and understanding of how this can be used as an effective tool to manage projects.
Post you contributions here.
a) Connecting what has been raised in part 1 & part 2
i) Logical Flow
ii) Connect EPM practices & EPM fundamentals focusing on the case study
Perhaps to be effective, why not send out an email anbd request individuals to make their contributions i n a draft form and ship the document to Hove by end of day tomorrow. Then we can start having a draft, which we can circulate on Tuesday. Just my suggestion in the interest of progress.
I agree however brainstorming on part two is important unless members have not yet familiarised themselves with the case and the literature. They should send them to you and me such that we compile together.
Agreed. So the take away is that we need to have the contributions by tomorrow, so that we start putting together the assignment. At least an initial draft should start a good debate i hope.
I cannot be against such a brilliant idea. So all member should give us their contributions latest tommorrow and we will come up with something that we will circulate. Deal!!
Last edit: 16:13, 27 March 2011
As per a guide that i sent earlier guys bring your contributions aboard.
a) Identify the project dynamics of Project Firecracker
b) Identify the necessity to adopt PM concepts (Show cause why?)
c) Identify EPM fundamentals (Focus on PM success function and relate to PF)
Part c) Hove I did some reading on PM and identified the following steps on project management. I believe they are the EPM fundamantals. I stand to be corrected.
- Change to Project based orgs
- Emphasize the link between strategy & projects
- understand upper managements influence
- Develop a core team process
- organize for project management
- Develop a project management Information System
- Develop a Plan for project manager selection and development.
- Develop a learning organization
- Develop a Project management initiative
- Develop a project management in your organization.
--Shumimlingo 16:26, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Ok JC. If all are in agreement we can build our part 1 by giving a broad overview of these EPM fundamentals. The need to adopt PM concepts is an easier part of the question which I'm sure we will have no difficulties with. --Shumimlingo 16:36, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
We can also add bit more from wiki - I notice there is a whole infor on project management principles and concepts.
Yeah they are, but they are broad topics in the book. --Shumimlingo 16:37, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
I was asking because i only have about four or five in mind
- Project initiation
- Project planning
- Project Implementation
- Project Closure
- Project Evaluation
these are what i have in my head as the main steps and they match with PM2 and PRINCE2 methodologies although PRINCE2 has about 14 steps
Lions I hope we all had a great week
--Shumimlingo 16:06, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
l hope l find you all in good health. hove are these guidelines the same with what you sent to our email boxes l am struggling to open my email box. --Shungunyoni 16:07, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Aplogies from Luisa. --Shumimlingo 16:15, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Is there anyone who heard from Akachi, Kago & Jeremiah? Should we proceed? Please reply to this such that we find theway forward>
Last edit: 16:34, 27 March 2011
Hove - I am live on air