Talk:EDSLIONS/weekly discussions/July 05, 2009
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Meeting Adjourned||5||16:51, 5 July 2009|
|Newsletter Results||5||16:41, 5 July 2009|
|The Event||8||16:37, 5 July 2009|
|Quorum/Attendance||8||16:31, 5 July 2009|
- Please send feedback on the draft once you get it. We need your input.
- For those who have not sent out the newsletter please do so.
- Remember we will be coming to you for a donation to buy a gift for the communications manager at coca cola. We're still do decide the best way of doing this.
If no other comments. This is it...
--Shumimlingo 16:39, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
Thanks Shumi for leading the discussion. Lions it is important to submit to Shumi whateach one of you did with that Newsletter, we are a virtual group and intodays world with the internet there is a lot we can do, all ideas are welcomed. Shumi I will be engaging with the sponsors and media to get the final documenst to you for the assignment. I wish you all a lovely week. jeremiah next week please be ready to take us through the financial assignment for half of the discussion--Luisaserra 16:44, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
The idea of the newsletter is for members to solicit donations. What is the progress on this one Lions? Have we sent out to our friends and foes? Have we posted it on facebook etc…. This is what I’m writing in the assignment and I hope it is true!!! Without taking too much time, this meeting is primarily for feedback of the event. We are busy on the first draft and it will be in your mails on Wednesday. If no other comments we can move into AOB and meeting termination --Shumimlingo 16:27, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
I got a message from Akachi saying he cannot make it. No news from Shungu--Luisaserra 16:33, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
Thanks SHumi. I have circulated the Newsletter to friends arround. Although the "financial times" seam challenging, at least a lot more are showing concern. Apart from cash and physical gifts, is there any other contributions we can make like words of encourgament?
Victor, We need da Kwacha man, that the only way we can prove your fund raising skills. Word are ok, but of no substance.Lol
We were represented by Luisa and here is the summary of events. Luisa please correct me where I have erred or left out key information.
- The event occurred on the 2nd of July 2009
- It was a Luncheon which was sponsored by Coca Cola
- The luncheon was held at Salama School
- The guests present were Send a Cow (NGO), Samaritans Purse (NGO), Action for Disabled People (NGO), New Vision Uganda (Media),Coca Cola
- The children presented songs and plays and played sport as well…I’m informed that cricket was one of the sports.
- The guests were given a tour of the school to see which areas they can possibly assist in.
- Send a cow – to donate 200 chicks – condition is that the school builds a chicken run.
- Coca Cola still to present its motor bike and trailer – another presentation date to be made.
- New Vision to publish an article shortly on the event.
- Samaritan Purse and Action for Disabled People (NGO), are still evaluating their options of contributions.
- Photo’s will be out sent to members between Monday & Wednesday. 1st Draft should be ready by Wednesday 8 July 2008.
This is the essence of the event. Feel free to ask questions
This looks well structured. Maybe the question is more on the visibility of our participation - or rather does the assignment expect us to be visible or not?
It was wholly our event. We influenced coke to sponsor the function and everything else was planned by us. we were just smarter by getting out marketing budget financed by a corporate. We did all the invitations of NGO's etc. My thoughts are that this is visibility enough...I stand to be corrected --Shumimlingo 16:22, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
That was a great piece of job guys. I do agree, the organisers are the key to any event, and in that regard, I am with you.
Lions, I have replied on the welcome discussions apologies--Luisaserra 16:27, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
Kindly reply to this message immediatly you log in to this page to indicate your presence and readiness for this meeting. After saying your "Hello" kindly dont ever comment here again until the meeting comes to a close. Helloes should be said latest by 5minutes BEFORE the start of the main meeting discussions.
Please note that the main discussions will be in a seperate heading and to be started ONLY by the chair of this particular meeting.
Hi Lions, I--Luisaserra 15:49, 5 July 2009 (UTC) hope the week has been good to all of you. I am on line
Lions, it is indeed a very special ocasion to be amongst blind children, it has touched me for the rest of my life. These children play cricket and they are blind. The ball has a rattle sound so they can know the ball direction. Before they throw the ball they clap so they can positon themselves, there is nobody trying to help. when the ball is bat they run to catch the ball because of the rattling and the other ones follow the sounds of the other palyers to run to the lines.basically they play better than I do....It was a pity that we could not engage more sponsors but the event was organised by me on the ground with ideas from Shumi in Rwanda. Then we just used one of the school sponsors in this case Coke to promote the event. then they sang, danced and had a very special meal it was a good day for the children and an eye opener for the sponsors.--Luisaserra 16:26, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
Y'ello folks. Hope you're doing ok. --Shumimlingo 15:58, 5 July 2009 (UTC)