Talk:EDSLIONS/weekly discussions/July 04, 2010

From WikiEducator
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Thread titleRepliesLast modified
Closing Remarks317:10, 4 July 2010
926S update717:04, 4 July 2010
921M update416:53, 4 July 2010
925R update316:51, 4 July 2010
924Q update316:44, 4 July 2010
922N update516:41, 4 July 2010
923P update516:36, 4 July 2010
Quorum615:52, 4 July 2010

Closing Remarks

Lions, thanks for the chat and for all the work that is being put behind the assignments. I would like to inform you that for the next 2 Sundays I will not be able to attend the Wikichat as I will be flying out and back into Ugnada. Victor please be so kind to chair the meeting for me. Wish you all a lovely week, and i will come back to you on the requests.--Luisaserra 16:59, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:59, 4 July 2010

thanks, safe journey. Good week to all.

EVELYN (talk)17:00, 4 July 2010

Thanks Evelyn. Have a lovely week too. Is it a holiday in SA on Monday and Tuesday like it is here?

Victor.mensah (talk)17:10, 4 July 2010
 

Thanks Luisa. Will chair the next meeting. All Lions beware, i will have a whip <smile>. Have a love week to all.

~~Cheers!!

Victor.mensah (talk)17:06, 4 July 2010
 

926S update

Hove, Victor and Kay go to give an update--Luisaserra 16:48, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:48, 4 July 2010

We must confess that while we have been working on both assignments, we have placed a slightly more priority on the 923. We are however going to be on track with this one also. No worries so far.

Victor.mensah (talk)16:53, 4 July 2010

You also need a similar hair dryer treatment from Luisa for being behind schedule.

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)16:55, 4 July 2010

Hahahaaa!! We are technically NOT behind. But we according to ourselves, we have not been on schedule as we proposed. Project change management is in force now and we will be on course. Our draft will be out shortly.

Victor.mensah (talk)16:57, 4 July 2010
 

Please remember that our commitment is to have all drafts circulated until the syudy school, so we can together make comments and consult the lecturers back at SBL, as lonf as we are all commited to that it is ok.--Luisaserra 16:56, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:56, 4 July 2010

Noted, I am sure we will all be ready for the group discussions then. thanks

EVELYN (talk)17:00, 4 July 2010

Yes Evelyn. We will.

Victor.mensah (talk)17:04, 4 July 2010
 

Yes Luisa, will do.

Victor.mensah (talk)17:00, 4 July 2010
 
 
 

921M update

Jeremiah, Evelyn and Akachi, what is the update on this assignment?--Luisaserra 16:06, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:06, 4 July 2010

The draft is ready, and i believe Evelyn is working on the updated version with comments from the subgroup. I am not sure how afr she has gone, coz i havent exchanged emails with her in the past week. But fpor certain there is a draft, which will be circulated to the team sooner than later.

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)16:11, 4 July 2010

thanks, it will be nice to have all drafts for discussion at the study school--Luisaserra 16:24, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:24, 4 July 2010

Hi apologies for joining you only now. The draft will be circulated this week, i am behind schedule, but will still be able to keep it within the timelimits.

EVELYN (talk)16:40, 4 July 2010

Evelyn - I have sent you my comments, we may need to exchange ideas on my comments, but give me a shout if you need more clarity. Good work done tpo date.

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)16:53, 4 July 2010
 
 
 
 

925R update

Luisa, Shumi to give update. Shungu has sent an email with the work she has done so far on the assignment, she is still committed to deliver first draft on the 9th of July.--Luisaserra 16:44, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:44, 4 July 2010

If the sub-group is ok with Shungu's work and timeline, then there shouldnt be much problems on our side. We will look out for the draft.

Victor.mensah (talk)16:46, 4 July 2010

thanks for resolving the issues with Shungu, we look forward to her contributions. We dont often appreciate how taxing work-study life is and how challenging it is for a group leader to manage the expectations of individual group members. Thanks Luisa

EVELYN (talk)16:49, 4 July 2010

You are welcom, and thanks for appreciatting--Luisaserra 16:51, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:51, 4 July 2010
 
 
 

924Q update

Jeremaiah, Akachiu and Evelyn to update.--Luisaserra 16:35, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:35, 4 July 2010

I am on the case. I have a draft, and have received some feedback from the sub group. I will finalise my draft and pass it to Akachi for his quality checks, and will aim to circulate it to the group by Thuirsday, so that I give you guys enough time to read through and challenge me. So Thursday, please check your mail boxes, and your feedback will be most welcome.

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)16:41, 4 July 2010

Thanks JC. All the best.

Victor.mensah (talk)16:43, 4 July 2010
 

Thanks

Luisaserra (talk)16:44, 4 July 2010
 
 

922N update

Luisa & Shumi to give up date. Forecasted finacial statemnets are done and the first valuation of the share using the lecturer recommended methods and also using our source at the stock exchange recommended methods. Visit to Uganda Clays limited went well, except for the finance manager not being able to see us. He will only be availble on the week of the 12th of July. We need to speak to him just to check on our assumptions about dividend distribution, more investment in capacity, etc in some of the methods used. Draft is being worked on and will be circulated after our meeting with the UCL finance manager. Spoke to Marianne no problem in handing the assignment on the 26th, but strong recomendation that no team member is going to attend the finance classes on the the week of the 5th, which I believe no Lion member will do that.--Luisaserra 16:23, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:23, 4 July 2010

So did you get written assurance that we wont be pernalised by the lecturer? I know UNISA will trun around and try to make it our problme, yuet they started all the mess of flip flopping the due dates.

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)16:30, 4 July 2010

Jeremiah, i do not have anything in writing but i have waht marianne spoke to me. I do not feel very confortable in asking for it in writing when the academic head has written that letter.--Luisaserra 16:33, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:33, 4 July 2010

This is UNISA we are dealing with, we need to be cautious, and to be able to cover our backs. I would urge you to formalise your telephone conversations through email - who knows what when things may chnage, and we will be left with no cover at all.....

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)16:37, 4 July 2010
 
 

Ofcourse, no Lion will be there for the 5th. SBL really needs to get their act in tune with the rest of the "efficient" world. As JC has asked, do we have a written confirmation from Marian or SBL that there will be no penalty?

Victor.mensah (talk)16:34, 4 July 2010

Lions, i will speak again to Marianne and come back to you on it. When i spoke to her she even mentioned Kruger letter that prof. Serumaga will be watching who enters the classroom on those days, so any chnaces of plagiarism will be dealt with. I will request for a reply to my email, because I took the initiative of phoning since she was not responding to my email. I will give you all feed back on Monday.--Luisaserra 16:41, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:41, 4 July 2010
 
 

923P update

Hove, Victor and Kay go, please update progress.--Luisaserra 16:26, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:26, 4 July 2010

We are on course. We now have a pretty good agreement on the framework for strategy etc. There are three separate questions but we will make it in time. Our only challenge is the level of response on the interviews. We need them ASAP

Victor.mensah (talk)16:28, 4 July 2010

Can you help me with the outsatnding team members that have not submitted the interviews so i can send an individual email to each one of them.--Luisaserra 16:31, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)16:31, 4 July 2010

Yes Luisa, will let Kago send an email to you on that with the list. We are having our own chat after this.

Victor.mensah (talk)16:35, 4 July 2010
 

We have seen the Monday deadline from Hove and a very strongly worded email - i can see the passion in that email from SAB group...

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)16:32, 4 July 2010

JC, we are indeed very passionate. With all the teleconferencing we have been having among the three of us, we dont want it to go to waste. All members are please encouraged to oblige without fail. Let us know if there are any challenges.

Victor.mensah (talk)16:36, 4 July 2010
 
 
 

Kindly reply to this message immediately you log in to this page to indicate your presence and readiness for this meeting. After saying your "Hello" kindly dont ever comment here again until the meeting comes to a close. Hellos should be said latest by 5minutes BEFORE the start of the main meeting discussions.

Please note that the main discussions will be in a separate heading and to be started ONLY by the chair of this particular meeting.

Victor.mensah (talk)16:50, 30 June 2010

Hi guys iam online.

Hove (talk)15:39, 4 July 2010

Hesi Hove, ndaona uchityisidzira vanhu pa email, kwakanaka?

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)15:43, 4 July 2010
 

Hesi Hove, ndaona uchityisidzira vanhu pa email, kwakanaka?

JEREMIAH CHAPHXANYA (talk)15:43, 4 July 2010

Kuitira kuti vaite basa. Wakafara here? Truly speaking we are now behind schedule.

Hove (talk)15:52, 4 July 2010
 
 

Hi Lions, How are you. i am online. Hope you all had a lovely week--Luisaserra 15:45, 4 July 2010 (UTC)

Luisaserra (talk)15:45, 4 July 2010
 

Hi all. I am online and active although still mourning our loss last Friday.

Victor.mensah (talk)15:49, 4 July 2010