TFI Knowledge Base/Maths/Statistics
Students are able to read and interpret picture graphs using simple scales 2, 3, 4, 5, 10.
Students are able to read and interpret data presented in simple tables and charts and solve problems based on that.
- SWBAT identify information from simple pictorial tables and answer questions based on this information
- SWBAT read and answer questions based on bar graphs
They are able to read scale on the axes and interpret simple bar graphs and solve problems based on data presented in bar graphs.
- SWBAT interpret pictorial information on tables. (EI 3.51)
- SWBAT read and answer questions based on bar graphs (including those where one object represents more than 1 quantity)
They are able to choose the width of the bars and the gap between them on the x-axis so that all data values can be accommodated and choose the scale on the y-axis so that the heights of the bars are suitable. Thus keeping in view the range of the data and the space available for the graph, they draw and label the bar graph. They are able to represent the data in single/double bar graphs and solve problems based on data presented in bar graphs.
- SWBAT read and answer questions based on information in simple charts (EI 3.56)
- SWBAT answer questions based on pictorial data (including situations in which one picture represents greater than 1 of a quantity)
- SWBAT create charts using pictures to represent a quantity greater than 1 (related to objective above)
- SWBAT answer questions based on bar graphs