Kia ora and welcome to this course on Sustainability in Tourism. A compulsory course for tourism major students studying the Bachelor of Applied Management this wiki is used in conjunction with a blog to deliver what we believe are some of the inportant factors surrounding business practices for the tourism industry. Please review the Course description, Course outline and Learning outcomes (below) before starting the Course schedule.
Clicking on the Topic name or Activity name in the Course schedule will take you to that page of content. Every page you open in this course has the Sustainable Tourism Practices course banner at the top of the page, just like the one you see at the top of this page. The navigation menu will help you find your way around and allow you to return to the Home page if you get lost. The Course Blog link in the navigation menu takes you to an external website used to compliment this wiki site.
By completing this course you will gain an awareness of the benefits of adopting:
- environmentally, socially, economically and climate responsive sustainable business practices for different sectors of tourism
Latest Course Outline to be added here
- Identify and examine sustainability in a tourism context
- Identify and analyse the complexity and challenges of sustainability in tourism
- Discuss and evaluate the implementation of sustainable practices for all sectors of tourism
- Discuss the future focus for sustainable practice in relation to the tourism industry and enterprises
Here is the latest update from the Sustainable Tourism Practices blog. Unfortunately images don't display in this feed. To view the entire post click on the title of the post. Use right click (or control click for Mac users) to open the post in a new tab.
- Social and Corporate Responsibility
- Social Responsibility is an ethical theory, in which individuals are accountable for fulfilling their civic duty; the actions of an individual must benefit the whole of society. In this way, there […]<img alt="" bor...
- — hillarypjenkins 2017-10-15 01:52:15