Sustainable Tourism/Activities/Responsible Tourism
Learning Outcome 1 - Identify and examine sustainability in a tourism context
Identify and analyse a responsible tourism operation
Complete this task in four stages:
1. Select a tourism sector: accommodation / hospitality / transport / attractions
2. Find two organisations/businesses which:
- one which operates nationally and one which operates internationally
- has some link with "green", "responsible" or "sustainability"
- describe their operation
- do they have a vision or missio statement?
- who is their market
3. Explain their marketing strategy
- does it incorporate a drive for sustainability
4 Would you nominate them for a Responsible Tourism Award - why/why not?
Put your findings into a slideshow (4 slides) and be willing to present them for discussion in class.