Subject-Verb Agreement: HOMEWORK
Choose the correct form of the verb for each sentence:
- The door (doesn't, don't) close very well.
- Our dogs (was, were) barking wildly all night.
- Five cans of paint (is, are) left on the shelf.
- Here (is, are) your bonus for your extra hours of work.
- Why (doesn't, don't) the girls take the bus to school?
- One of those movies (was, were) supposed to be filmed in Vancouver.
- A rose and a carnation (looks, look) beautiful together.
- The scissors (is, are) in the top drawer.
- Two dogs and a cat (is, are) all the pets that we need.
- Here (comes, come) the noisiest kids on the block!
- Either the team players or the captain (has, have) to pay for the damage.
- There (was, were) two good reasons for her poor behavior.
- A group of angry union workers (is, are) marching down to City Hall.
- Neither my husband nor my sons (takes, take) out the garbage for me.
- The problem of drug abuse (is, are) hard to solve.