By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- suggest at least three principles to guide decision-making in relation to student fees;
- explain at least three different approaches to determining fee levels and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each;
- outline the options in relation to how fees are structured;
- identify potential sources of information for further consideration of the problem of whether students are able to pay increased fees;
- explain how the price of goods or services can influence demand and the potential influence of this phenomena on student enrolments;
- select the most appropriate mechanism to ensure that those who are worst off can continue to avail of opportunities to study through ODL.