Skill of Explanation
Explanation is a simple skill. Remember the following tips:
1. Use simple language.
2. Arrange your points of content logically.
3. Pause at appropriate moments.
4. There should be fluency in your explanation. Avoid unnecessary breaks.
5. Avoid very long sentences. Be sure to have proper links between your sentences.
6. Make sure you have a begining statement and a concluding statement. For example : 'Let us see how a dry cell functions' is a begining statement that mentally prepares the student to expect what is going to follow. After explaining the functioning of a dry cell, it is customary to wind up saying "These are the various reactions that are involved in the working of a dry cell."