Simon-Peter Kafui Aheto
|Employer:||University of Cape Coast|
|Other roles:||Youth Worker, Educational Adovocate|
|Languages:||English, A1 Level French, Ewe and Twi|
Early life and education
Welcome to my profile. You have two sub-headings under the themes: Professional Background and Education. Thank you for visiting this page. Please feel free to leave a message in my inbox in case you have any information for me.
Academic & Professional career
He holds a Master in Education with an emphasis in Information Communication Technology from the University of Cape Coast in Ghana.
- September, 2009 – August, 2011; University of Cape Coast, Ghana – Master of Education – M.Ed. (Information Technology)
- November, 2010 Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), – Installing, Configuration, and Administering; Microsoft XP Professional
- October, 2008 – March, 2009 Alliance Française, Accra, Ghana – A1 Level French
- September, 2005 – August, 2007 University of Cape Coast, Ghana – Bachelor of Education – B.Ed. (Basic Education – Maths & Science)
- 3rd March, 2003 Ghana Institute of Languages, Ghana – Assessment of Competence in English
- October, 2002 – August, 2005 University of Cape Coast, Ghana – Diploma in Education – Dip.Ed. (Basic Education)
- September, 1999 – June, 2002 Presbyterian College of Education (Formerly Presbyterian Training College), Ghana – Teachers’ Cert ‘A’ 3 – Year Post Sec
- January, 1996 – December, 1998 Pope John Secondary School & Junior Seminary, Effiduase – Koforidua, Ghana – Secondary School Secondary Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
He has several years experience teaching courses in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Science and Mathematics. He also has keen interests in educational consultancy services, small business development, environmental projects, community services and youth activities. Currently,Kafui Aheto works with PEC School and also serve as the General Manager in the school’s administration. In addition, he is a Mentor for the Centre for Teacher Development & Action Research (CETDAR) of the Institute of Education and Extension (IEDE), University of Education, Winneba, Ghana and the Presbyterian Women College of Education (PWCE), Aburi of the University of Cape Coast, Ghana. As a Mentor he guides Student-teachers from the University on a year long internship for their professional development.
Aheto, S-P. K. (2012). Educational Management Information Systems (EMIS), Awareness and Utilisation in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Saarbrücken Germany. ISBN: 978-3-8484-1681-3
- Aheto, S-P. K. & Fletcher, J. (2012). Looking through the Lenses of Educational Management Information Systems (EMIS). International Journal of Computing Academic Research (IJCAR), ISSN 2305-9184 Volume 1, Number 1 (October 2012), pp. 10-24.
- Ayebi-Arthur, K, Aidoo, D. B., & Aheto, S-P. K. ((2012). Including the digital divas: Female representation in ICT programs at the University of Cape Coast. International Journal of Research Studies in Computing (IJRSC), 1(2), 3-12. http://www.consortiacademia.org
- Module-Aheto, S-P. K. (2012). Entrepreneurship Education for Youth Development, in COMSEC/ILO (2012) International Perspectives in Youth Entrepreneurship Training Module 2, Lusaka, COMSEC/ILO. http://mail.cypafrica.org.zm/ipyet/images/8/8a/IPYET_2012_Module_2.pdf
- Denis Worlanyo Aheto, Emmanuel Mensah, Stephen Kankam, Edward Adzesiwor Obodai, Isaac Okyere, Justice Mensah and Simon – Peter Kafui Aheto (2011). Spatio-temporal analysis of two coastal wetland systems in Ghana: Addressing ecosystem vulnerability and implications for fisheries development in the context of climate and land use changes Archives of Applied Science Research 2011, 3(3):499-513.
- Masters dissertation - Awareness and Utilisation of the Educational Management Information System (EMIS) in the Greater Accra Region (2011) (Unpublished).
- Bachelor of Education thesis - The effect of the method of teaching Science on the Attitudes and Interest of Junior High School Pupils towards Science (2007)(Unpublished)
- Diploma in Education project work - The involvement of Circuit Supervisors in Teaching, Merit and Demerits (2005)(Unpublished)
- Report on Comprehensive Inspection at St. Victor Academy, Papase near Kasoa, Ghana from 5th March 2012 – 13th April 2012
Aheto, S-P. K. & Mensah V. P. M., (2013). Barriers and mitigation: Formal Entrepreneurship Education in Schools. Commonwealth Conference on Education and Training of Youth workers at UNISA, South Africa. Aheto, S-P. K., Nyagorme P. & Mensah P. A., (2013). Using WikiEducator to improve the academic performance of Distance Education Students. Evidence from Centre for Continuing Education, University of Cape Coast. To be presented at the Design, Development & Research Conference, 2013 at KNUST, Ghana *Aheto, S-P. K., Nyagorme P. & Mensah P. A., (2013). WikiEducator quiz platform: Enhancing Distance Education Students’ Self-Assessment abilities at the Centre for Continuing Education, UCC