Instructions for using the UN population database
To use the UN population database do the following:
- Go to the website here
- Click on Interactive Data
- Click on Total Population ...
- Find the country you have been given and check its box. Then click on Next
- Select 2015 and then click on Next
- Click through until you get the population data.
- Write down or print the data.
- Click on Start Over
- Repeat steps 3 to 8 but use the following statistics in place of total population: average annual rate of population change (population growth rate), infant mortality, life expectancy (use at age 0), total fertility. For all of these use the period 2010-2015.
- Repeat with average annual rate of population change but now select the following: world, the country's development region, continent, and geographical region. (To determine the regions look under Reports/Documents at top of page (warning it is a pdf document))