Date & Time : 19, December 2018 01:52
Dr. Savithri Singh has been selected for the Featured WE article of WikiEducatior India page.
- WikiEd09 Face to face L4C workshops in Delhi - January 9- 12, 2009 Register here
- Quality Assurance in Multimedia Learning Materials - draft framework for feedback.
- Launch of India Chapter of Wikieducator
|Employer:||Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi|
|Other roles:||Curriculum, syllabus and textbook developer for School Science, Curriculum and syllabi development undergraduate courses, Delhi university; development of elearn materials for University and NCERT|
My name is Savithri Singh . I am the Principal of Acharya Narendra Dev College, an Undergraduate college of the University of Delhi. I am a trained Botanist, but over time my interests have diversified – issues on women, environment and education specially concern me. I strongly believe in free access to educational content and in collaborative learning not only among peers but also between a student and a teacher. Probably due to my long association with the Centre for Science Education Communication, University of Delhi, I like to introduce myself as a ‘science educationist’. Besides my adminstrative responsibilities, I spent a lot of time with curriculum and syllabus development at the school and University levels and have developed materials for School Science at both primary and senior levels. I am now busy developing elearning content materials at school and college levels. I have been using the Wikieducator for collaborative development of materials in a project involving IGNOU, INBAR, COL, CIBART and ANDC.
I love listening to music – old Hindi film songs of Mukesh are my favourite.
My current passion is to encourage research by faculty and promote workshops for and experiment-based research projects by undergraduate students’ []. I would like ensure that students get opportunities to work with the best of tools available thus gaining valuable hands-on experience. My vision is to make my college be identified as a Centre for excellence in research in the sciences.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D in Botany
- Experience in Developing Undergraduate curriculum and syllabi
- Experience in Developing curriculum, syllabus and textbooks for school science
- Member National Focus Group on Teaching of Science, [Position paper]
- Member,National Knowledge Commission – Working group on Science and Maths
At present involved in
- Bamboo and Rattan project
- Developing my college resources on WE[]
- Pilot elearn project of Delhi University
- Elearn project of NCERT[]
- Member, CEMCA India team on Quality Assurance in Multimedia Learning Materials
More pics at picasa
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|