Sales and Marketing/Resources/Lesson Plans/Lesson Plan 3
Diploma in Applied Travel and Tourism
Course Name: Sales & Marketing
Lecture Delivery Plan:
Why do you need a Marketing Plan?
- Part of a business plan which must be presented for financing eg. bank or applying for a grant
Look at two factors:
- Target Market - Knowing the kinds of customers you want to attract will enable you to tailor your product to meet their needs, and help make sure your marketing reaches the right people - handout "To Market, to market"
- Research -
You must do the research to gain the knowledge
Activity from last week - Marketing Plan (get students to present to class)
Using the activity from last week - in pairs:
- identify two organisations with similar products
- using the marketing plan handout - compare the two eg. SWOT, objectives, target markets,
Look for uniqueness rather than similarity - how would you market them?
- Now lets look at a tourism product and its promotion: (Branding identity)
- Te Papa - Tourism Trade Manual - Museum of NZ
2. facebook - students find it
3. Youtube Giant squid
Take a look at some commonalities: Brand, logo, colours, font