Department of Agricultural Extension Education
Faculty of Agriculture
Phone No: 256 782 354233
Fax No: 256 414 531641
- PhD in Human community and resource development (Ohio State University)
- MSc Agricultural Economics (Makerere University); and
- BSc Agriculture (Makerere University)
Lecturer, Department of Agricultural Extension Education (1993-to date)
- Teaching in Extension Education courses
- Supervising theses for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Internship co-coordinator for Practical training in agricultural extension/education skills for undergraduate students
- Supervision and Participation in outreach programs for 4th year student.
- Chairperson for Task Force in the Faculty of Agriculture to incorporate gender aspects in the curriculum.
Social Scientist, National Cereals Program Uganda (1993-1999)
- Instrument Developmen
- Data Collection Management
- Data Coding and Cleaning; Data Entry and Analysis
- Report Writing, generation of study reports and presentation of results
- Financial Management of project funds
- Participated in the development of Uganda's Cereal program and formulation of national policies
Senior Research Associate, Women's Initiative in Development and Para-legal Activities Association (2002-to date)
- Performed social-economic analysis for Women in Development and Para-legal Association, Mukono District
- Developed strategies to enhance the rights of women and children in Uganda.
- Conducted grass-root mobilization of low-income women in the community
- Innovation systems approach and market value chains
- Community development and adult learning/education
- Participatory and Action Research in Gender and Agricultural Development.
Specialized Leadership Studies Attended
- Gender Disparities in Resource Allocation in Eastern Uganda.
- Promoting the Leadership Potential for Women Professionals in the Ministry Of Agriculture, Animal Industries and Fisheries
- Status of Women Professional in Makerere University: A Basis for Career Advancement and Leadership Development for Women
- Economic Empowerment to Small Business Women in Uganda. A Baseline Survey 1998 Organized by the CEEWA