|What does cultural competence mean?||Objectives | What is cultural competence? | Biculturalism for teachers | e-Learning activity - Exploring cultural competence. | Summary|
Learning Summary: What do I understand of cultural competence?
This module has given you the opportunity to be introduced to the concept of cultural competence and explore that concept further then bring the focus in to biculturalism and consideration for supporting Māori learners.
You do not need to submit work at the end of this module but continue to accumulate evidence for your portfolio.
Some ideas for what you could use as evidence:
- Excerpts from your learning journal or whatever format you were using to record and keep track of your learning
- A bibliography (referenced list) of what you have read during your exploration of this module.
- An annoted bibliography (a referenced list with your own notes added, of all that you have read)
- Notes of your reflections on conversations you were part of
- Links to shared learning or discussions on Moodle
- Examples of culturally competent teaching practice
- Course or teaching evaluations that identify cultural competence
- Teaching materials (that demonstrate inclusive teaching approaches)
Continue to reflect on how the topic relates to, and is applied within your teaching.
If you have any course related questions make use of the Frequently Asked Question site on Moodle FAQs