|The Dual Professional|
|Dual Professional||Objectives | A 21st Century Tertiary Educator | Specialist Expertise | e-Learning activity - Exploring the dual professional role | Summary|
Learning Summary: Dual Professional Roles
There are high expectations of tertiary educators in the 21st century. This module has given you the opportunity to learn a more about those expectations, reflect on them and relate them to your own job.
You do not need to submit work at the end of this module but continue to accumulate evidence for your portfolio.
Questions to consider as you continue to gather evidence
- What are the skills and knowledge required to be a teacher/educator in your current tertiary teaching workplace?
- What are the new skills that you had to learn / are still learning about, to be a tertiary teacher/educator?
- What do you have to do to maintain the specialised knowledge from your previous specialty practice?
- How do you combine both roles?
Some ideas for what you could use as evidence:
- Excerpts from your learning journal or whatever format you were using to record and keep track of your learning
- A bibliography or annoted bibliography of what you have read during your exploration of this module.
- Notes of your reflections on conversations you were part of
- Links to shared learning or discussions on Moodle
- Teaching materials
Continue to reflect on how the topic relates to, and is applied within your teaching.
If you have any course related questions make use of the Frequently Asked Question site on Moodle FAQs