- 1 The Rise of Imperialism and Colonialism
- 2 Lives of Great African Nationalists and Freedom Fighters
- 3 Capitalism v. Socialism
- 4 Resources and Utilization
- 5 Money
- 6 Internal and International Trade
- 7 Economic Development Plans
- 8 Economic Independence and Co-Operation
- 9 The World Bank and IMF
- 10 Other Economic Agencies
- 11 The Uganda Government measures to rehabilitate and revive the Uganda economy.
- 12 Education and Uganda's economic and social development.
- 13 Unemployment and underemployment
The Rise of Imperialism and Colonialism
Causes and justifications; primitive accumulation; slave trade and its abolition; consequences of colonialism on the economy of Africa; rise of neo-colonialism; evidence and consequences for Africa.
Lives of Great African Nationalists and Freedom Fighters
Kabalega; Kimathi; Kenyatta; Dr. Nyerere; Dr. Obote; Ben Kiwanuka; Patrice Lumumba; Dr. Kwame Nkrumah; Sekou Toure; Nelson Mandela.
Capitalism v. Socialism
Concepts of capitalism and socialism; Western Europe and USSR (Common Wealth of Independent States) capitalism and Dr. Nyerere's Ujamaa policy; capitalism and Dr. Obote's (before 1971) and Allende's socialism; the case for Uganda today.
Uganda's Economy Today
Resources and Utilization
Land, water, people and their mobilization.
Origin and intrinsic value; the purchasing power of the Uganda shilling under: normal, inflationary and depression conditions.
Internal and International Trade
Under colonial rule, UPC government (1962-70), Idi Amin.
Economic Development Plans
Capital development; distribution and sharing of national wealth; the budget; implementation and problems.
Economic Independence and Co-Operation
Policy and implementation of self-reliance; regional and international organizations; EA Co-operation, Mulungushi Club, Kagera Basin Economic Authority, OAU, ECC, Lome Convention, ECOWAS, the Group of 77, the Commonwealth, the non-aligned movement, the UN and its agencies.
The World Bank and IMF
Their role in the economic development of Uganda.
Other Economic Agencies
The African Development Bank; US AID, SIDA, DANIDA, CIDA and their role in the economic development of Uganda.
The Uganda Government measures to rehabilitate and revive the Uganda economy.
Unemployment and underemployment
causes and remedies for Uganda