Our school is located in Papanui, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Papanui High School was established in 1936. It has shared in the growth of North Christchurch and is a central point in that community.
Above all, our School is about learning and teaching. Our focus is on being a professional learning community, providing the best possible teaching and learning in a supportive, challenging, learning environment.
We have a growing roll of more than 1500 students. An enrolment scheme is now in place so that roll growth can be managed. Our Decile 6 rating reflects the balanced nature of our zone: St Albans, Bryndwr, Bishopdale, Harewood, Casebrook, Northcote, Redwood, Regents Park, Northwood, Belfast, Papanui, and Merivale.
The major strengths of our school are:
- A broad curriculum and a wide choice of subjects delivered by innovative, committed staff.
- A determination that the needs of every student in the school will be met through our “Full Service” philosophy.
- A strong commitment to the North Christchurch Community. Our aim is to provide top quality education for all the students in our part of Christchurch.
- A balanced student body covering the full range of academic, socio economic, and ethnic groups.
- First rate modern facilities. The school is undergoing a multi million dollar building development programme and I.C.T.resources are excellent.
The latest ERO review painted a very positive picture of the quality of education at our School.
Denis Pyatt Principal