Papanui High School Senior Coursebook
|Sections in this topic:|
|Welcome to the Papanui High School Senior Coursebook.|
|Introduction||General Information | Subject Choice & NCEA | Curriculum Guide Overview|
|NCEA||National Qualifications | Literacy and Numeracy | Certificate endorsements | Scholarship | University Study | University Entrance | Approved Subject list for NCEA|
|Subject choices||Subject Choice | Careers & Transition | Gateway | Star funded courses | Changes to Level 2 Courses | Introduction of Semester Courses | Subject Planner|
|Course Descriptions||Learn more about courses being offered in 2013|
EMPLOYMENT SKILLS 22S (Semester 2) - EMP22S
TEACHER IN CHARGE: Ms cashion
N.B. WORK EXPERIENCE IS A COMPULSORY COMPONENT OF THIS COURSE.
An intention to actively look for work or training beyond school.
This course provides an alternative for those students for whom academic study is a challenge in the senior school. It is designed to equip students to
- be aware of the legal issues relating to employment and the rights and responsibilities of young people in the workplace.
- help students with Curriculum Vitae, interview skills and job applications
- develop practical communication and social skills
- provide an opportunity for work experience
- develop skills and knowledge
- to actively look for work or training
Total 12 credits at Level 1 and Level 2.
Internal assessment by Unit Standards.