Papanui High School Senior Coursebook
|Sections in this topic:|
|Welcome to the Papanui High School Senior Coursebook.|
|Introduction||General Information | Subject Choice & NCEA | Curriculum Guide Overview|
|NCEA||National Qualifications | Literacy and Numeracy | Certificate endorsements | Scholarship | University Study | University Entrance | Approved Subject list for NCEA|
|Subject choices||Subject Choice | Careers & Transition | Gateway | Star funded courses | Changes to Level 2 Courses | Introduction of Semester Courses | Subject Planner|
|Course Descriptions||Learn more about courses being offered in 2013|
VISUAL ARTS 21F - DESIGN (Full Year) - ART21F
TEACHER IN CHARGE: Mr Soltero
Any students with maturity, enthusiasm and ability to work independently may study 21F Art Design, Year 11 Visual Arts is an advantage.
- Study the work of established designers who give popular brands their identity eg Quicksilver, Addidas, Abode etc
- Produce Graphic Art Design which can focus on other fields eg Fashion Design, Architecture, Interior design
- Use digital media (digital cameras, photoshop, illustrator, scanners, etc)
- Explore and develop design ideas and techniques. Taster courses (eg Natcoll) may be a feature.
20-24 Level 2 credits possible (both internal and external assessments apply)
- Art pack
- Group resources
- photocopying and basic materials
NB: Supplementary materials required during the year; amount varies between students.
Folio printing fee charged early Term 2.
Students who wish to explore photography need to consult Mr Soltero in November about camera recommendations. Print credit must be maintained.
Entry to 31F Design. All design related industries including printing, interior, fashion, architectural, graphic and web. Students considering studying Fine Arts at Canterbury University must enrol in two of the following courses - 21F Art Design, 21F Art Photography, 21F Painting – see Mr Soltero for more information
Return to Course Menu