Definition: steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
- Stay focused! Tough times and set backs are only temporary.
- Remember! Think about how good it feels when you accomplish a task, especially something that you had trouble with at the beginning.
- Celebrate! Don't forget to congratulate yourself and each other for the little and big things; trying, winning the game, having a positive attitude, doing things you don't necessarily like to do.
- Ask for help! It's easier to keep going when you know someone is rooting for you or someone is there to share the load.
- Create a tool kit! Learn how to deal with obstacles. What have you learned to do when you are stuck, don't remember how to do something, or haven't learned how to do something yet? Try keeping a list of the things you can do when you are stuck or frustrated and put them in an imaginary tool kit that you can pull out when you need it.
- Share! Tell inspirational stories about a time when you didn't give up and were able to persevere. Or read a book or watch a movie about people or animals that didn't give up.
- Believe in yourself!