DECP 05: Developing e-Content
Introduction to Audacity
Audacity is free software that is available to download from the internet from the website:
This toolbar works very much like a video or cassette recorder.
- Back Skip - Skips to the beginning of the recording.
- Play – plays back a recording.
- Record – initiates the recording of an audio file
- Pause – temporarily stops the recording or playback. This comes in useful if you record one part of your podcast and then want to prepare yourself for the next section. To restart the recording press the pause button again.
- Stop – Ends the recording or playback. This must be done before any further editing is carried out.
- Forward Skip – Skips to the end or to a position where the cursor is placed.
The only other feature that is important at this stage is the input device. If you click the drop down arrow you’ll see a list of four options, we need to select the input we’ll be using for vocal recording the Microphone.