|Learning and Teaching Strategic Framework|
|Strategy components||Overall vision | relation to other OP Strategies | Learning and teaching | Strategic objectives | Definitions | Learners | Curricula | Teachers | Learning environment | Maori learners|
Strategic Objective One
To build capable learners who are personally effective, work ready and sustainable practitioners
What are our aspirations?
- Our learners want to learn and know how to learn
- Our learners suceed and achieve their full potential
- Our learners understand what it is to be personally effective
- Our learners understand how to translate knowledge and skills into action and practice
- Our learners know how to reflect in and on practice
- Our learners value and embed sustainable practice in their lives, both as students and graduates
- Our learners behave ethically
- Our learners understand themselves and how to maximise opportunties
What will we do to achieve our aspirations?
- All programmes will begin by encouraging learners to articulate both why they chosen the programme and what they expect of it
- All learners will be provided with the opportunity to understand how they think, how they learn and how to go about learning effectively
- From commencement of the programme learners will be provided with the tools and support to learn how to become independent learners
- All learners will be provided with the opportunity to develop their skills as reflective practitioners
- All learners will engage in experiential learning opportunities
How will we know we have been successful?
- Employers will indicate that our graduates are capable and work ready
- Our learners will chart their progress and self-assess as work ready
- Our learners will recognise and value their personal growth