Open content licensing for educators/Orientation
General course information
- This is an asynchronous course divided into 5 sessions. You should aim to spend approximately 1 to 1.5 hours per session at times which suite your own schedule. We have allocated 2 working days for each session in OCL4Ed.
- The course materials are designed for guided self-study with opportunities for peer-support from your facilitators and fellow participants using microblog and discussion forum posts.
- At the start of each session, your facilitators will post a preview of the session's activities for the 2 days allocated for each session. (Remember that we are working across 24 time zones, so you may receive your instructions a little ahead of your own time zone. You should participate according to the dates in your local time zone.)
- Our free online courses usually attract hundreds of participants worldwide. Meet new friends and share your experiences. You will get the most from this course by sharing your thoughts, ideas and experiences with fellow participants using microblog notes and posts to the discussion forums on Google + (you will need a gmail account).
- We provide an aggregated feed of #OCL4Ed posts from Twitter, WikiEducator notes and blog posts which you can also access from the Course Dashboard.
- The course tag for Twitter and Blog posts is: #OCL4Ed (You must add this tag to your posts which is used to harvest your contributions in the aggregated feed.)