Consultation to determine date for #OCL4Ed free online workshop
|Workshop sponsor for #OCL4Ed|
| Ako Aotearoa is New Zealand's National Centre for Tertiary Teaching Excellence.
Ako's vision is to achieve the best possible educational outcomes for all learners. Their work towards this vision focuses on building strong and collaborative relationships with tertiary organisations, practitioners and learners to enhance the effectiveness of tertiary teaching and learning practices.
Ako's sponsorship of this national online workshop is one of many initiatives to nurture and sustain both teaching excellence and excellent teachers. In open education, Ako leads by example. The national Centre for Tertiary Teaching Excellence is one of the first education agencies in New Zealand to adopt a default Creative Commons New Zealand license for their website. In the spirit of open collaboration, Ako welcomes participation from our international educators during this workshop.
Open content licensing for educators is a free online workshop designed for educators who want to learn more about open education resources, copyright, and Creative Commons licenses.
The workshop will be presented online asynchronously. You will need approximately one hour each day for the duration of the workshop.
The course materials were developed as a collaborative project by volunteers from the OER Foundation, WikiEducator, the OpenCourseWare Consortium and Creative Commons, with funding support from UNESCO. The course will provide prerequisite knowledge required by educators to legally remix open education materials and help institutions to take informed decisions about open content licenses.
Community consultation on selecting a date for the workshop
Ako aims to accommodate the maximum number of educators during this workshop early in 2012. The first step is to determine the most popular alternative for hosting the workshop. Three prospective dates are provided for the inaugural 2012 workshop.
- You must have a WikiEducator account or create a new account to cast your vote.
- Login to WikiEducator with your user account and password
- Check all the date alternatives that you would be available to attend the workshop by the close of your business on 9 December 2011.
- We will select the option with the most votes and announce the final date on the main WikiEducator list and Ako communication channels.
- My preferred dates for participating in the online copyright workshop are:
(Please indicate all options which suit)
- 23 - 27 January 2012
- 30 January - 3 February 2012
- 6 - 10 February 2012
- Please indicate your location:
- New Zealand participant
- International participant (i.e. attending from outside New Zealand)