Open Schools Decision Making Process
The well being of the pupils and the sustainability of all associated with the school needs to be protected through decisions that are informed and fundamental to this philosophy.
- Does the decision benefit the pupils? i.e. academically, educationally, emotionally, socially, culturally, sporting, environmentally, physically.
- Is the the decision ethically sound? e.g sustainable, uses fair trade, locally produced, environmentally friendly, healthy, renewable.
- Are we drawing on and building up local resources?
- Are all parties involved in the decision process?
- Is there someone we need to consult further with this decision?
- Will this decision impact negatively on someone/thing else?