Definition: a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of an event or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.
- Never forget the fairy-tales and stories that made you smile and believe that you can do anything!
- Smile! It's contagious, relieves stress and feels good.
- Take time to have fun and do things you enjoy! Make an ice cream sundae, fly a kite, build a tree house.
- Ask for help! If you don't know how to do something, find someone who does and ask them to help you. It will make them feel good and smile, and you won't feel sad or frustrated.
- Laugh! It makes you smile, jiggle and crinkle your eyes, and those are all good things. You have to think of good thoughts when you are laughing.
- Keep a journal! Write down what makes you happy each day, include pictures, emails from friends, notes from family, or anything else that makes you feel good. Take it out and read it when you feel down.
- Believe that you can touch the stars!