OMD/Job Description/Director Programs
The Director of the Program will have two primary responsibilities: 1) responsibility for admission, marketing and orientation for the Full-Time Program; and 2) responsibility for the design, development and implementation of services for the purpose of enhancing stakeholder success in the program.
The director serves as the primary admissions person for the XXXX Program and will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic marketing and recruiting program. The director works very closely with and reports directly to the assistant dean for graduate programs, as well as other deans within the School of Management. This person must be willing to work collaboratively and closely with multiple school and university departments; travel occasionally; deliver informative and persuasive information sessions; work to increase the applicant pool; meet and counsel with prospective applicants; develop and implement a quality orientation program, as well as work in concert with other key school and university personnel including alumni management. The ideal candidate must also be willing to liaise with professional organizations.
Program Administration and Innovation/Services Function
The director is responsible for the design, development and implementation of student services programs for the purpose of enhancing student success in the program. The director will serve as the primary administrative person for the XXXX Program and will be responsible for developing and executing a process for managing the stakeholder experience, and liaise with stakeholders on a regular basis.. This person will also be responsible for developing relationships with alumni from the XXXX Program stakeholders and for developing opportunities to actively engage them in programs and events. This individual will provide vision and leadership for a comprehensive approach to managing stakeholder success and satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and goal-oriented with the proven ability to work independently.
The ideal candidate will be expected to work effectively with students, colleagues and have a strong commitment to education, online learning and (international) development. This candidate must be willing to travel occasionally; develop, coordinate and implement programs that support the XXXX Program.
- Masters degree required
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent communications skills, both oral and written; ability to motivate and lead people.
- Must be multi-task oriented and capable of working with specific deadlines.
- Must be able to think strategically in the delivery of recruiting programs and strategies. Must be able to create a marketing plan based on program data and industry information.
- A demonstrated aptitude for technology is necessary. Must be competent with PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation packages. Must have demonstrated an ability to use data effectively to make decisions.
- Must be able to create, develop, maintain and report on performance metrics related to all recruiting and admissions functions.
- Prior experience in a recruiting capacity is preferred.
- Prior experience using student information systems is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various constituencies including prospective students, current students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to able to work with various constituencies including prospective students, current students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Ability to think strategically in regard to developing and delivering creative programs for this specific student audience and well as alumni of the Full-Time MBA Program.
- Must be able to create, maintain and regularly report critical performance metrics for the student administrative function.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a student services function (registration, advising, financial aid or student services) in an institution of higher education.