OERu/Planning/OERu Management Committee/Guidelines and procedures for OERu Management Committee meetings
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Composition of the OERuMC
- The OERuMC comprises conveners or co-conveners of the active working groups of the OERu and a representative of the OER Foundation.
- The OERuMC may invite a representatives from the OERu partners to participate in meetings as required.
Chairing of meetings
- The Chair for individual meetings is rotated among members of the OERuMCe
- The Chair is nominated at the preceding meeting of the the OERuMC
- Responsibilities of the Chair
- Agree a date and time for the meeting (using open on line scheduling tool)
- Schedule Google Hangouts on Air event for the next meeting and publicise on the OER Foundation lists
- Prepare initial draft of the meeting agenda in the wiki.
- Notify conveners of the meeting date, draft agenda and extend invitation to members of the OERuMC to contribute and refine the agenda in the wiki.
- Chair the meeting
- Prepare and publish the minutes of the meeting in the wiki. -
Frequency, scheduling and announcement of meetings
- The OERuMC aims to meet virtually every 6 - 8 weeks
- The OERuMC may schedule special meetings to deal with high priority issues.
- Where possible, the public announcement of an OERuMC meeting is made on the open communication lists providing a reasonable notice period of 7 to 10 days before the event.
- Decision making is based on the concept of rough consensus. That is, consensus is not determined by counting heads, but by looking at strength of argument, and underlying policy (if any).