Planning for OERu 2013.11 meeting of anchor partners
- 1 OERu 2013.11 meetings and official launch of the OERu
- 1.1 Post-meeting event: Review of the COL Transnational Qualifications Framework for OERu implementation and discussions on OERu course articulation and credit transfer
- 1.2 Inaugural meeting of the OERu Council of Chief Executive Officers
- 1.3 2nd meeting of OERu anchor partners
- 1.4 Official international launch of the OERu
- 2 Call for proposed agenda items
- 3 Ideas for any pre-meeting online seminars
- 4 Ideas for the international launch of the OERu
- 5 Place holder for relevant resources and suggestions from the list
OERu 2013.11 meetings and official launch of the OERu
Post-meeting event: Review of the COL Transnational Qualifications Framework for OERu implementation and discussions on OERu course articulation and credit transfer
Date: 4 November 2013
Where: Head office, Commonwealth of Learning, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Inaugural meeting of the OERu Council of Chief Executive Officers
Date: 5 November 2013
Where: Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Vancouver (In camera)
2nd meeting of OERu anchor partners
Date: New date: October 31 - November 1
6 October 31-November 1 2013
Where: Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC, Canada (Including live webstream for remote participation).
Convenor: Irwin DeVries, Thompson Rivers University
Official international launch of the OERu
Date: New date: November 1
7 November 2013
Where: Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops (Sir John Daniel to officiate with live webstream)
Call for proposed agenda items
Please add your suggestions for agenda items for the various OERu 2013.11 meetings below. This is an initial brainstorm list which will be refined as planning progresses.
Meeting on transnational qualifications framework, OERu course articulation and credit transfer
- Discussions on the scenarios for OERu assessment, credit transfer, credentialing and course reuse options --Mackiwg 02:01, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
Inaugural meeting of the OERu Council of Chief Executive officers
- Discussion, refinement and adoption of the terms of reference for the OERu Council of Chief Executive officers --Mackiwg 02:02, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
2nd meeting of OERu anchor partners
- OERu Approaches for scalable solutions for individualised curriculum and micro-credentialing --Mackiwg 02:25, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
- How assessments fit into the OER model of education -- Lgraham 26 march 2013
- Thanks Lorrie -- Good point. This item may fit better with the pre-meeting on the transnational qualifications framework where we will be looking at assessment and credentialing in more detail. Lets see how the agenda matures and where best to feature this dimension in the programme of meetings. --Mackiwg 20:58, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
Ideas for any pre-meeting online seminars
- Strategic priorities for the OERu and open community review of progress so far --Mackiwg 05:39, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
SCOPE Seminar: OERu 13.09 Planning Consultation
To be scheduled for 2nd part of September 2013.
- OERu Differentiation features
- What is the OERu point of difference and does it need one?
- What differentiates the OERu collaboration from xMOOCs?
- What has contributed to the uptake and global interest in the cMOOCs and xMOOCs?
- What does this mean for OERu?
- OERu operations and lessons we are learning
- What are the institutional capacity development requirements for OERu operations? How do we address these?
- What are the lessons we are learning from prototyping?
- What technologies will bring us closer to achieving our goals and how do we implement them?
- What are the business models for scalable and sustainable operations?
- Design based research
- What can we learn from design based approaches for implementing the OERu?
- What are micro-credentials in the OERu context?
- What are the barriers and opportunities for implementing micro-credentials for the OERu?
- What will they look like and how will they work?
- Textbook Zero
- How do we align OERu programme development with open textbook initiatives?
- Quality issues for the OERu
- How should the OERu partners promote quality?
- What are the issues associated with an institution with questionable quality standards joining the OERTen (eg degree mill operator)?
- How do quality perceptions of the OERu model impact on standing with regional qualification authorities around the world?
Ideas for the international launch of the OERu
- Add suggestions here.
Place holder for relevant resources and suggestions from the list
Degree Qualifications Profile, Lumina Foundation.