OER literature review
This page is meant as a list of briefly annotated citations of scholarly articles and monographs concerning open educational resources.
- Downes, S. (2007) Models for sustainable open educational resources. Interdisciplinary Journal of Knowledge and Learning Objects 3 29-44 February 27, 2007. 
- Foerster, S., & Evans, C. (October, 2006). Use of Open Content in Creating Curriculum Materials for Distance Learning: Implications for Developing World Educational Institutions. Paper presented at The Fourth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning (PCF4). 
- Kaufman, P.B. (2007) Video, education, and open content: Notes toward a new research and action agenda. First Monday. volume 12, number 4 (April 2007), 
- Pfeffer, T. (2006): Open Knowledge Resources for Higher Education: Scholarly Publications, Course Materials, Academic Software. In: Mac Labhrainn, Iain, et al. (eds.) (2006) The Challenge of eCompetence in Academic Staff Development. CELT, NUI Galway (Galway), p. 1-13.  Webcast
- Stacey, P. (2007) Open Educational Resources in a Global Context. First Monday. volume 12, number 4 (April 2007). 
- Vest, C. M. (2006) Open Content and the Emerging Global Meta-University, EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 41, no. 3 (May/June 2006): 18–30. 
- OLCOS Roadmap 2012 (Salzburg Research)
- A Review of the OER Movement (Atkins, Seely Brown, & Hammond)
- Knowledge Management in Education: Defining the Landscape (Petrides and Nodine) Not peer-reviewed, but by a former Columbia prof. Published by the group that recently started OERCommons.org.