Visit the course schedule page for daily instructions
Objectives: Day 8 - Collaborative Editing
Today we will:
- Introduce the practice of Wiki ethics,
- explore the Recent changes page and see how we can monitor all edits in WikiEducator,
- take a look at the diff & history links, and
- learn how to Revert a page to previous versions.
Many educators are concerned about the openness of wiki editing. However, a wiki is a powerful technology designed for mass collaboration. Every edit is recorded including any images uploaded to the site which means we can restore or revert any changes made to a page.
A side note for anyone who may have fallen a little behind, don't give up, the finishing line is in sight! Besides, today is a little more relaxed so use this time to catch up on images. To be fair, images are perhaps the most complicated aspect in the wiki because it involves uploading files to the WikiEducator server. Once you have mastered images you are well on your way to achieving success!
- Today, you should work through Tutorial 7 on collaborative editing where you will learn a few neat tricks on how to monitor activity in the wiki;
- You will also learn how to revert an edit which you should practise on your user page.
We're looking forward to our assignment next week where we will use one of our communication tools in the wiki. Please do your best to update your user page as we will ask participants from this group to provide feedback and suggestions on our respective user pages in the wiki using these communication tools.