OERNZ/English/Yr9/Drama Units/DRAMA UNIT - Romeo and Juliet
A great play to perform, discuss and learn from. This unit's primary focus is to follow the play's story, dipping occasionally into some adapted versions of Shakespeare's text for ease-of-use - it's a great vehicle for drama, speaking and writing activities.
The following are a loose collection of notes, activities & response-ideas which are tied together with a unit plan & a lesson-by-lesson outline. Feel free to adapt & contribute further. The Wikieducator Romeo & Juliet page is a million miles better and worth a good look!
Play Material & Extracts
- Romeo and Juliet - Lamb Version
- Romeo and Juliet - Quick Story
- Romeo & Juliet - Cast of Characters
- Act One, Sc 1 - Opening Fight Scene!
- Act One, Sc 5 - Capulet Party!
- Act Two, sc 3 - Romeo Meets Friar Lawrence
- Act Three, sc 1 - Mercutio & Tybalt's death AND Romeo's Banishment!
- Act Four, Sc 1 - The Friar's Cunning Plan!
- ACT Five, sc 1 - Romeo Gets Poison!
- Act Five, Sc 3 - The Final Scene!
- Lesson 1 - Introductions
- Lesson 1 - Grudge Sheet
- Lesson 2 - Decoding the Prologue
- Lesson 3 - Opening Fight Scene
- Lesson 4 - Capulet Party!
- Lesson 5 - Love Poetry
- Lesson 5 - 'Shall I Compare Thee...'
- Lesson 6 - Marriage!
- Lesson 7 - Mercutio and Tybalt's Death!
- Lesson 8 - Integrated Web Task
- Lesson 8 - Integrated Web
- Lesson 9 - The Friar's Solution!
- Lesson 10 - Act Five, scene 1
- Lesson 11 - Final Scene
- Lesson 12 - Focus On...
- Lesson 13 - Winding Things Up...
Additional & Complementary Tasks
- Romeo and Juliet - Review
- Romeo and Juliet - Quick Quiz
- Romeo and Juliet - Comprehension Questions
- Romeo and Juliet - Talk Show Task
- Romeo and Juliet - Concept Map
- Romeo and Juliet - Concept Map 2
- Romeo and Juliet - Character Actions and Causes
- Romeo and Juliet - Re-Ordering Events
- Romeo and Juliet - Drama Inclusions